The Embassy of Afghanistan in New Delhi is the diplomatic mission of Afghanistan to India. It is located at (5, 50F, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110021). Afghanistan Embassy also has a consulate general in Mumbai and Hyderabad. If you’re an Afghanistani citizen living in India, or an Indian citizen wants to apply for Visa services then you can contact the Afghanistan Embassy in Delhi or visit the below address.
The Nearest Metro Station to the Afghanistan Embassy with a distance of 1.8 KM is Sir M. Vishveshwaraiah Moti Bagh on the Pink Line.
Afghanistan Embassy in Delhi Address → 5, 50F, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110021
Afghanistan Embassy in Delhi Contact Detail
Requirements for obtaining an Afghan passport
Appointment → Applicants must book an appointment online prior to coming to the Embassy. Clients with no prior appointment will not be serviced. For booking an appointment please click on this link.
Visit in Person → An applicant must visit the Embassy in person on the date and time of their appointment. Applications sent to the Embassy via post and/or applications in the absence of the applicant will NOT be processed.
Application → An application must be filled carefully in BLOCK letters in English and Dari/Pashto for each applicant, with special attention to name and surname’s spelling, date of birth (Day/Month/Year), height, occupation, and other specifics and accurate current address in India. Application forms can be downloaded here.
Afghan passport Passport Fee →
- 120 USD for 5 Years for Afghans
- 20 USD for 5 Years for Students, For their Family Normal Charges
- 20 USD for 5 Years, for Afghan Refugees in India only one time.
- 240 USD for a lost passport
Photos → 2 Passport Size (4×5 cm) recent photographs with a white background is required for an application.
Old hand-written passport → The applicant must return his/her old and/or expired hand-written passport(s) to the Embassy upon lodging the application, if available.
Children → If a child was born in India and would like to apply for an Afghan passport, his/her parents, must provide:
- Tazkira of the parents, either original or copy. The above procedure on Tazkira will apply.
- A child Birth Certificate must be presented to the Embassy along with the application. The Certificate must contain the names of both father and mother of the child.
- The marriage certificate of the parents must be presented to the Embassy along with the application.
Afghan passport Photo requirements:
- In color with a White Background
- Printed on matte or glossy photo-quality paper
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
- Because the photo background is white, avoid white clothing and white scarves
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- If you have read the information given above and are ready to apply, please download a PASSPORT FORM, if you are applying in with family, please book separate online appointments!
How to Apply for Afghan passport in India
If you have read the information given above and are ready to apply, please download a Passport form, if you are applying in with family, please book separate online appointments!
Afghanistan Embassy in Delhi Social Handler